Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Back to School Fashion with Madeline and Company

As hard as it is to admit it, school is back in session. Just a couple weeks ago I started my senior year of high school (AHHH!). Although I'm dreading the college process, I'm excited to see what the future has in store for me. Back to school can be more fun than ever with these adorable backpacks from Madeline and Company. Today I'm so excited to share my interview with Madeline from Madeline and Company on the blog! I think young entrepreneurship is one of the most inspiring things, and Madeline was so much fun to work with. 




Shop the backpacks here: Madeline and Company

Meet Madeline: 


Tell us a little about yourself! 

I'm Madeline, and I'm a high school senior from the Midwest. I've always searched for a backpack that was cute yet functional, but I could never find the best of both worlds. I designed this bag so that it would hold all of my folders and binders plus my laptop. I included some of my favorite design details into each of the bags: color blocking, faux leather, stripes, and metallics.

Do you have any designers who influence you?

I love Kate Spade's whimsy, J. Crew's clean lines, and Lilly Pulitzer's colors!


What is your favorite part about having you own company?

Working with people across the country! It has been so fun to work with bloggers and YouTubers from both the East and West Coast; I would have never made these fabulous connections without Madeline & Company!
Also, it makes my day to read an email or comment or product review from a customer saying how much they like their backpack!

Do you have any advice for other young entrepreneurs out there?

Find a mentor! I have worked so closely with my Mom during this entire process. I never could have done it without her experience, expertise, and support. Your mentor doesn't have to be the CEO of a company or famous designer; it could be anybody that will support you and offer feedback.


What gave you the idea for the inspirational sayings found on each backpack?

Everybody can always use a little pick-me-up during the middle of the day! I think it such a fun idea to look down after a tough test or long class and see "laugh often" written on your backpack. 

I saw on your website there was a section for clothing (!!) Can you give us a hint on what to expect?

Our goal is to launch that section around the holidays! I can't give too much away, but think party skirts and dresses– perfect for both school and holiday parties!

Want to keep up with all the amazing things Madeline has been up to? Follow her on Instagram: @madelinaandcompany

No comments:

Post a Comment