Monday, August 31, 2015

Motivation Monday: How to Reduce Stress

"Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world." - Marilyn Monroe

In this case I'm not referring to heels but rather tennis shoes. I can't be the only one ready to hit the gym after purchasing new workout clothes, right? Having new gear is the best motivation to keep up appearances at the gym. Because I'm beginning my senior year of high school, my stress levels are higher than ever. I have to almost force myself to get up and head to the gym for yoga. The gym is only a couple minutes from my house so I have no excuse to not go on the weekends.


I fell in love with vinyasa yoga after my first class at ACAC and didn't even think of it as a way to reduce stress in my life. My first class was during exam week my sophomore year of high school. My mom was trying to force me away from my books and out of the house to relax. I drove to a yoga class and left the studio a different person than when I entered. I was actually smiling when I left! 


(Jumping for joy that my sister agreed to help me take these pictures without too much complaining.) 


Normally when I go to yoga I trade my sneakers for a pair of Sperry Top-Sider Flip Flops.




Sports Bra: Target 
Tennis Shoes: Asics 
Socks: Nike  

No comments:

Post a Comment